Orobo Still Dey Reign!

It's a new year and I should probably be a little cordial but no, I'm not having none of the hogwash these fitness pages have been doling out in recent times as a way to sell their market. If you follow certain fitness pages like I do on Instagram, you may or may have not seen this rubbish hashtag #OroboNoDeyReign and I'd just like to talk, scratch that, I'd like to rant about it for a few minutes. It after all is my blog no?



First off, Nigerian ladies and perhaps gentlemen who run fitness and weight-loss pages on Instagram, I've got 2 questions for you.

  1. Will you die if you simply pass your message across without raining on anyone else's parade?
  2. What the flipping fuck do you mean by "Orobo No Dey Reign"

I reckon that most people have had to deal with blows of self esteem and that was probably the catalyst that propelled their weight-loss and it is fine. Do you Sister! But when you make that the yardstick for your every post on Social Media, then we're gonna have a little problem.  

Take for instance, I am a plus sized woman who loves being plus size praise the lord and is committed to living a healthy life. I have never for the life of me imagined myself as even a size 12. I am comfortable in my skin and I don't know what it feels like to be judged for the way I look. Although I do agree I have suffered a bit of self esteem issues whenever I see folks in the same age grade or even younger than me do epic stuff and already leaving their mark in the sands of time at a tender age but I have long overcome that feeling realising life isn't a race, we will all get there!

But hey, I speak for the overweight ladies out there who for one reason or the other are fighting the weight battle and need all the support and help they need to help them live a better life. They click on the "Follow" button and you serve them balderdash like "Orobo No Dey Reign". To you, it may seem like a harmless hashtag but let me break the fuck down what your meaningless hashtag mean.

You have with your words, negated their existence as plus size women. I stand corrected but what that says to me is "you do not have a right to live if you're FAT because nobody will want you. It is disheartening because these pages go on about body positivity but also go ahead to body shame plus size ladies at the slightest chance given with their ignorant hashtag #OroboNoDeyReign. And by the way, let me educate you ignorant lot who think a plus size woman working out is doing so in a bid to become a size 2. No idiots, I try to live a healthy life so I can be a peng ting till I'm 90. And so should the slim girl too! Hence, my reason(s) for following these fitness pages.

So, Eskis Ma's, OROBO STILL DEY REIGN! Now take your Happy New Year!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I'm Thankful For

I'm Tired

We're Hiring!