I DO! DO I??? (Part1)

Last week Thursday, I had to meet my mum up at a get-together after work. Getting close to the venue, I began to think of all her friends who were present there and would ask me the usual question of "oko e nko?" Translation (How about your Husband? I wished I could skip me being on the Hot seat but sadly I forgot my House Keys in the House and needed my Mum's copy to gain access. Just as expected, once I arrived the venue and did the Horrendous task of having to greet her friends..not the usual Good evening Handshake Kind of greeting by the way; the proper but modernized Yoruba form of greeting where you'll bend then stand. Imagine doing this all round for about 8-10 Elders. Some who would want you bending while they say a short prayer for you or inquire about what's going on with you.



Afterwards, the Questions came and I was literally put on the hot seat! Imagine questions flying from all over inquiring about my Husband, when they're gonna meet him, who he is, suggesting they hook me up with their nephews abroad etc.. I just sat there putting up a fake smile, nodding, gritting my teeth and slapping myself inside over and over again why I had to deal with this episode after a long day. Once the drilling looked like it was over, I managed to say "very soon", went straight to my Mother to collect the keys and tried to flee the scene. But, anyone who knows my Mum will know how persuading she can be..9story for another day)

I pondered over this issue for a while and knew I was going to dish my 2 kobo on the blog anyways but I just hadn't had the time.

My fellow unmarried friends ehn, i know marriage has always been an important thing for many women, but the race for it today is becoming so bad, its almost diabolic. Yes, many women these days are doing a lot of infernal things to get married and stay married. Now, young lady reading this fabulous blog, let me ask you a question: Why do you want to get married?

 Do you want to get married because the society says your clock is ticking?
 Do you want to get married because your friends are getting married?
Do you want to get married because of sex just because you're tired of being chaste?
Do you want to get married because you wanna bear the"MRS" title?
Do you want to get married because you're tired of being alone?
Do you want to get married because the bobo is rich and Handsome?

I ask you all these because your reason for getting married will very well determine the kind of man you end up with. If you want to be happy in your union, you should carefully and prayerfully choose a spouse. It is being said that there isn't anyone perfect; this I agree with 100%! But, most ladies wave away warning signals because they wanna have a man to call their own.
 If you want to be married because your friends are, or your family expects you to be or the society says your clock is ticking; then you may very well end up with the wrong man. Such as a man that abuses you emotionally, physically, verbally or psychologically.

No matter what you say, there are always sign of an abuser, whether he's a budding or full blown practitioner  of the punching, verbal and emotional slicing arts. Let me just say, once you keep going back to a man that abuses you physically all in the name of love; Hunnie, you have given him a license to buy your coffin after marriage! I believe you're familiar with the letters R.U.N

When a man makes you stay on video chat for the whole day just so he can see where you are at all times, my dear he's an abuser! Ehen! I can see you rolling your eye for me but abeg abeg  dont tell me he's just "a bit jealous" or "you know men are like that" .... That's not 'a bit" of Jealousy and "not all men are like that!
When a man makes you take pictures of yourself and send to him 24hours a day, so he knows where and who you're with..my sister, you're in bondage....only that your  master hasn't paid your purchase price!

Any man that makes you do this under the guise that his heart has been broken by many women in his life and therefore you need to do all that to earn his trust is a confirmed wizard! and he needs Jesus.. while you on the other hand need a copy of the Slave Abolition Act of 1833.

Many who are married are wishing they were single; while the single wish they were married. The irony of Life! Most of them are enduring instead of enjoying their marriages. Many are room-mates but not soulmates. I've seen Ladies of 25,26 looking like they're 34, 35 all because they go about mourning their singleness. If you're a miserable company to yourself as a  single woman, how then how do you expect someone to love and enjoy your company? You can be single and successful, You can be single and make a change in your generation. I once read on the internet that marrying the wrong person can reduce the value of your life by 62%!

Anyways, this topic is going to be continued another day but for whoever is reading this and is going through some sort of abuse of any kind; You are better than that! Too valuable to be treated as rubbish! God created you in his image.. selah..(Think on that) Don't take your heart on a journey without your brain. Never allow your emotions to over-rule your sense of reasoning..

Thanks guys and I'll see you all next time. I do appreciate your comments, views and feedbacks. God bless you immensely!!! #chopkeez

*P.s: some people complained about their comments not viewing on the blog. I'm working on it steady. It will be resolved soon.

Comments

  1. NIce One, Funmi. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Looking forward to the 2nd part.

    www.blessingcomputers.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I'm Thankful For

I'm Tired

We're all WIPs!