Thank God I'm FABULOUS!!! #TGIF

Hello Lovies! Thank God I'm Fabulous, Forgiven, Funky, Fantastic, FUNMI! (lol yes funmi! :p ) Anyways, Thank God its Friday Baby!!!! Its the end of another work week and I'm pretty sure you all already have fantastic plans lined up. I on the other hand Have my French and German classes every weekend and I cant afford to stab any class cos exams are right around the corner.. *sigh* We'll take a chill when we're Billionaires right?




   I wanna say a massive Thank you to everyone  that visited the Blog, and commented, tweeted about it, set as PM and even Broadcasted! You guys rock Big time jooor! #chopknuckle... Merci! Danke! Obrigada! Gracias! Ese Pupo! Daalu! Nagode! 286 page views on the first day as at last count. Please don't stop the fun. Tell a friend to tell a friend who knows a friend, an enemy, a lover and an hater to visit this Blog for some feel good Medicine. :)  We're here to learn from each other, have fun and  get inspired!
Well, the very first topic I decided to talk about is the SELF ESTEEM  issue. This topic is gonna be talked about continuously so we'll tag this as the First episode. I chose this topic because just before you get your face made up, get dolled up and get dressed in that Lovely dress that accentuates the Killer curves, I feel its imperative we visit the core. 
Just as I grabbed my PC to begin writing,  I looked up the synonyms for "self-esteem" Some of them were "self-respect", "self-worth", "self-confidence", "self-acceptance" but the one I loved the most was 'SELF-LOVE".. and then it hit me! Self-Love is what is missing!. If you do not love yourself, how then do you expect others to love and accept you? Through my little course in Life, I have encountered several beautiful women with extremely low or No self esteem at all! I always wanted to get a cleansing solution perhaps for them to wash their eyes, look in the mirror and see who was staring right back at them! But it seemed impossible! I remember a girl back in school who lived with her boyfriend. The so called Boyfriend would Beat her silly, collect her money, she'd cook for him, enjoy Husband privileges with her and even cater to the needs of his good for nothing friends who she usually referred to as äwon ore oko mi" --> Translation (my husband's friends) I got extremely mad each time I had to witness the disgusting sight! One time, I called her and asked what exactly her problem was.. She told me the Boyfriend in question was the only one who had ever stayed with her and "loved" her... Hearing her reply, I decided to apply wisdom because couples issues are not to be extensively interfered with. I gave her a few subtle advices and dismissed the topic.
All she saw in the mirror were damaged goods. No one would fancy her. Ladies, Please take care of how you speak to yourself because YOU are listening! Talk to yourself in a way that you would to someone you Love. Always Remember how uniquely and wonderfully made! (Psalm 139:14) To succeed in life, your self-esteem has to be on a 100! Believing in yourself! Some people think self esteem is modesty. NO! Sugar, that's Self-Destruction! Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything or anyone that doesn't serve you, grow you, motivate you or make you happy! Let me just say this; Most People with self esteem actually die at age 25 but don't get buried until they're 75!
I saw a post on a group on Facebook where a woman claimed that "she could not get a Job because of her size" My Jaw dropped to the Floor!!! Honey, if you're reading this right now, you need to get your acts together! Tell the prospective employer what immense value you can be to their organisation and let them know its their loss if you're not Hired! 
Now this is "for those hoping to build their self esteem from a Relationship". Its not your Job to keep a man interested. He is either into you or he is not! Never jump through hoops,sacrifice yourself or change who you are for a man.(Psalm8:4). Respect yourself, demand reciprocation and be confident that you are loveable and perfect just the way you are! Don't jump on the willy of every Tom, Dike and Haruna in the quest for love! 
And on a final note sweeties, surround yourself with people who see how great you are. Encourage yourself because no one knows you as much as you know yourself, make the most of your career or business, Learn a new skill, trade or even Language( Just about anything that positively increases you in knowledge), Dress well, go out with the girls, watch TV, Movies , Travel, get a hobby and of course love yourself all the way!

Thank you my Darlings we'll catch up after the weekend. Have yourself a good one! Turn up gently, don't drink and drive, don't do drugs, and if you must have sex please protect yourself. HIV Is real. Ebola is even realer! Abstinence is Key!!!

*p.s: The girls and I are gonna be at Elegushi tomorrow evening. So if you're there,don't be shy to holla.. :)


Comments

  1. Will keep the date in my diary. Fantastic perspective to self esteem as well. I dare say same goes for opposite sex(es)???.

    In short self esteem got many stuck on an otherwise beautiful highway. Through self esteem they should take the lead. But No! At best they hitch-hike. They wonder why things aren't going as 'planned'. But nothing planned becomes active when the carrier is blocked by a massive wall of low self esteem.

    Low self esteem is self-improvised error kicking the inventor to the ground. An irony!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I'm Thankful For

I'm Tired

We're all WIPs!